Friday, November 20, 2015

Greeeen Acres!

Sing it with me!

Greeeen Acres is the place to be.
Faaarrrrm livin' is the life for me.
Laaaaannd spreadin' out so far and wide.
Keep Manhattan. Just give me that countryside.

Can you tell I'm missing large, lush, green spaces?! 

Yes, we have a few here in the Deserts of Doha.
And, yes, some of the most prominent green space is thankfully not far from my home.
And, yes, we even have a little patch of grass on our villa property. 

See?!

Well, it's not that green in this pic, but it does turn nice and green as long as it stays watered well. At least it was freshly mown. :) 
See?! The cute little patch of grass to the right?! And you thought I was kidding about it being just a "patch." And, you're welcome. Here's a pic of the front of our villa...AND our vehicle! Yes, this is much more than I got to see before the kids and I moved here! Consider yourself blessed. lol!
And just so you can see that there is great potential to make our patch much more cozy, here is a view of our neighbors on one side. I LOVE all of the lush greenery and established trees they have. People do as much as they can here with their green spaces.
And our neighbors on the other side even have some nice greenery as well. :)
And just in case you wanted to see the nice, quiet, brick "street" of our compound we live in. Seriously, it is super quiet. Hardly any cars come through here. And we are in the back corner. We are the next to last villa on our side. Maybe our son will FINALLY learn to ride a bike! At TEN years old! And we are even a short, safe walk from a nice bike & walking path...that also has green space along it...AND geocaching!

Still, though. 
Nothing here compares to the American countryside.
And, of course, nothing compares to our sweet family's farm/garden space in Northwest Louisiana.

By the way, no, I don't get lonely here. (at least haven't yet)
There is no time in my daily busy stay-at-home mom & homeschool mom & sports coach wife life to be lonely. 

Really.

However, just because I don't get lonely doesn't mean I don't miss our special people and places back in the grand ole USA.

Which brings me to the true content of this rewind post. 

Here are some pics of my in-laws' beautiful garden/farm property beginning with a couple from their back screen porch where we often started our day eating breakfast and watching hummingbirds as well as many other birds and animals.








 Ahhh!
I have peace just looking through these pics.

And now for the real, real content of this post...

Our Little Farmer Girl!

Baby Girl helped me pick veggies from the garden. :) She had quite a fun time helping.

Enjoy!






















And there you have it! Hope you enjoyed this rewind!

Until next time...

No comments: