I am privileged, honored, and excited to be able to share with you some breaking news about how this not-yet-launched ministry is being developed and how it will be structured.
I was part of a question and answer phone call the other day with Christie Love and surprise guest Susan Lawrence in which they answered any and all questions we who were on the call had about the upcoming LeadHer ministry.
Here are some specifics for you from what they shared with us:
1. The purpose of LeadHer is to encourage, educate, equip, and exemplify biblical leadership for women so they can have a stronger impact within their spheres of influence.
- LeadHer is a non-denominational, kingdom-minded ministry.
3. LeadHer is going to reach out to women everywhere by way of a three-platform ministry they are launching.
- The first platform is a program they call LeadHer Local. This is a chapter-based program that women can start in their city to connect local women. These chapters will be asked to meet twice a month and will follow a video-based curriculum and be based around a mentoring program.
- These chapters will begin as a pilot program in which even now in March there are ten or eleven midwest cities who have begun chapters. In April, there will be ten more pilot chapters launched. Finally, the full scale LeadHer Local program will be fully launched on May 1st in which it will be open to chapters being started anywhere at anytime throughout the country.
- Promotional packets will be provided by LeadHer to the anyone who is interested in starting a chapter and becoming a chapter coordinator.
- Training for coordinators will be done by online instructional videos, phone calls for questions as necessary, and even monthly calls with the LeadHer Local Director, Angela Bickford.
- These will be open to young women as young as sixteen years old and upwards of any age that may be drawn into participating.
- The chapters will have a small annual fee per participant of $24/year of which $12 stays with the local chapter and the other $12 goes to LeadHer National in order to fund printing and distribution of material and other necessary operating costs.
- The second platform is LeadHer Live and will be UNIQUE conferences and workshops all over the nation. These events will be like nothing you have attended in the past--- much more hands on and geared to practically and tactically equip women so they leave with ideas to put into place ASAP. These events will range from major three to four day events down to smaller scale, more customizable one-day events in which the host decides more about the structure based on the needs of their expected audience.
- Susan Lawrence is the LeadHer Live National Events Director
- The third platform is LeadHer Library and will consist of books, bible studies, and materials to continue to reach out to women at home on a daily basis.
- Their first annual devotional book will launch in December of this year!
- Again, this too will be formatted very uniquely and will give the reader much more of a daily hands-on, challenge-yourself experience as they use it daily.
- LeadHer will have a fully functional, highly interactive and resourceful website as of the ministry's May 1st launch date.
- Additionally, as the LeadHer ministry develops further, the website will offer but will not be limited to the following:
- A LeadHer blog, with opportunities for guests to post
- Online writing and blog training courses and resources
- Devotional writing contests
- Featured bloggers - some of which will even be featured in the annual devotional book
Please go check out the LeadHer Facebook page and "like" it so that you can be in on their latest updates and such.
If you have any questions, suggestions for locations for LeadHer Live events as well as LeadHer Local chapters, or anything else at all, please feel free to contact the LeadHer staff via email at info (at) leadher (dot) org.
Let's get out there and LEAD, ladies!!!