(Maybe it's because I'm hungry...no, it really does look scrumptious!)
As soon as I read about this book I was intrigued to discover what it had to offer. And upon receiving it and delving into it, I have been in no way disappointed.
Treasures of Healthy Living by Annette Reeder and Dr. Richard Couey is actually more of a study than a book. As a matter of fact, I plan to try to go through this study with a couple of people whom I know have a major interest in eating healthy and living a healthy lifestyle. I really cannot wait to dig into it with them! I think they are going to love it just as much as I do.
This 12-week study is one of the most holistic health and wellness guides I have ever seen. Not only does it focus on giving the reader very practical guidance in food selection and consumption, but it also connects foods and lifestyle with our God and His Word. It is truly amazing to see how much He has to say in His Word about food and eating and drinking as well as health and well-being.
To give you an idea of the vast array of foods discussed in this book, I will list the chapters for you here:
- Treasure of Health (intro embarking on this treasure hunt about health)
- Beverages (includes water & The Living Water, milk, juice, and others)
- Grains (including bread & The Bread of Life, whole grains, seeds and nuts)
- Vegetables & Fruits (focuses on color as well as gardening)
- Herbs, Spices, Oil, & Vinegar (focus = flavor as well as herbal medicine)
- Protein & Meat (overall discussion about meat, beef, and protein)
- Fasting & Self-Discipline (God's design & benefits of fasting & self-control)
- Sweets (WooHoo! My fave! Okay, really, it's the good & bad about sweets.)
- Environment & Toxins (focuses both on recognizing toxins & on allergies)
- Stress & Forgiveness (Yes, those two go hand-in-hand at times!)
- Exercise (Caring for your body as the temple it is w/physical & mental exercise)
- The Fullness of Christ & Health (Joy, laughter, & practical action plans!)
- APPENDIX (Action Plan, Daniel Fast Journal, Health Assessment, & Results of My Hunt)
So, what do you think?
Are you as intrigued as I was?
If so, I highly recommend getting a copy of Treasures of Healthy Living by Annette Reeder and Dr. Richard Couey as well as its companion books (which I plan to get soon also): the Treasures of Health Nutrition Manual and the Healthy Treasures Cookbook.
Sooo, will you join me on a journey to discovering and utilizing the Treasures of Healthy Living in many ways: by using this study guide, by exercising more (as I have recently started doing) & especially by reading through God's Word from cover-to-cover?
I hope you will!
Please let me know how this is all going for you!
Disclaimer: I received this book for free from Glass Road PR. No other compensation was received. The fact that I received a complimentary product does not guarantee a favorable review.