Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Following Rabbit Trails with #WriteTheWord

Hi, everyone!

It's been awhile since we did some #WriteTheWord together. Lots going on around here. I'll tell you more about that in a future post. For now, how are you? Did you have a great Resurrection celebration during the past several weeks pre and post Easter? I did! So much to be thankful for.

On that note, I want to branch away from Joshua for a bit with this #WriteTheWord and show you something I did on Good Friday.

One of my pastors preached on Palm Sunday (the Sunday prior to Easter - read about it in Luke 19:28-44). In that message, he mentioned an Old Testament passage that is one of the many prophecies about the Messiah that Jesus fulfilled. For some reason that passage struck a chord with me, so I decided to dig a little deeper with it and used it to #WriteTheWord on Good Friday.

That passage, Zechariah 9:9-10, though short has many cross-referenced verses that can lead one on many power-packed rabbit trails throughout God's Word. So, in the pictures below you will see how I followed the cross-references in my Bible. I didn't draw any conclusions. I just wrote---The Word. Good stuff, too!

Oh, and after you look through my pics, I urge you to check out a new Bible Study resource site I found thanks to a dear friend. It is awesome! It's called BibleHub.com. As a matter of fact, here is a link to that scripture passage (Zech. 9:9-10) on BibleHub.com. It finds FOR YOU all the rabbit trails you could ever imagine and then some...including commentaries and maps and everything!

So, here are my pics from this rabbit hunt...get it...












In case you have any questions about cross-references, please feel free to ask and I'll do my best to help you figure them out. They typically follow a logical flow, and most often are explained in the front part of your Bible where there is an introduction from the publisher on how your specific Bible is structured. Either way, let me know if you have questions as you start to navigate cross-references.

I say, have fun with them! It's even more involved and enlightening to look at the cross-references on a verse you were cross-referenced to and go that much deeper and farther down a rabbit trail. I have learned some really neat things that way. And it can be a way to get your self into a Bible-study that can go on as long as you want it to. You can spend several weeks or even months just writing through cross-references of cross-references and keyword searches and more cross-references.

Seriously, this is truly my kind of fun!

:)

Okay, you can go ahead and call me a Bible Nerd! 
I'm right proud of it!

Now, go be a nerd for yourself and see what the Holy Spirit has to show you through that much-neglected middle column of your Bible.

Let me know what questions and revelations you have!

Go #WriteTheWord!

No comments: