Yes, I know it has been quite a while since I have posted here. Almost 9 months to be exact. Guess that could qualify for writer's block. Actually, though, I have posted somewhat regularly at my newer blog Sundays With Nanny during that time as I have been cooking and blogging my way through my late grandmother's cookbook. And I am inspired quite often to write, but writing while driving is a bit frowned upon...and illegal...and unsafe. (I drive A LOT for work these days.) Still, though, I have been quite a bit too silent with my many inspired thoughts. I hope to change that in this year.
As a matter of fact, I have committed along with Jeff Goins as he has posed a challenge to anyone who will join him to write 500 words a day for the month of January. My plan is a varied plan to say the least. Yes, I plan to write 500 words/day (hopefully indefinitely, not just for a month), BUT it won't be all in the same format. At least not according to my plan, but you know how that goes. Best laid plans...
Here's what this means to me (and you):
- First of all, this post is the beginning of my compliance with this challenge. Am I at 500 words yet? No? Ok. More to write. ;)
- Some posts on this blog as well as my other one will be part of my compliance with this challenge.
- I am not promising great writing, just writing of some kind.
- Some of the posts that will be part of this challenge will be some reviews (both product and book & even an app review) on which I have been LONG overdue. Other posts will be on whatever topic is on my heart.
- I may not make my 500 words part of a post everyday. By that, I mean I am not promising to write/publish a post everyday. I am promising to write everyday. There is a difference.
- Some of the days' writing will be random, freestyle writing just to get the juices flowing, so to speak, but not necessarily for sharing.
- Some of the days' writing will hopefully be intended for being included in that "one-day" book I have been intending to write "one day." Ya' feel me on that?! I know you do. (Do you have a "one-day" book...or two...in you?! Join me in this 500 word/day challenge, why don't you?! What could it hurt? You don't have to share your writing...just do it. But let me know if you're joining the challenge so I'll know I've inspired you & I'll know to pray for you as you work through it. Pray for me, too, by the way. Would you?)
- One other exciting thing I want to share with you is that I do also have a goal of redesigning this blog in a big way (hopefully in the first quarter of this year). I will let you know as that develops.
So, I guess you get the idea. I hope you'll check into Jeff's challenge as well! Now, have I written 500 words yet?! Yep! 533 to be exact...or wait...now including these words it's 546. Or more if I keep rambling...
What are some of your 2014 goals? (I'm not calling them resolutions. You know how that goes, too.)
Oh, and my #OneWord2014 - it's LIVE! Yep, I'm gonna LIVE. Kinda like the Tim McGraw song. Been touched by a lot of death this year. Want to make sure I truly LIVE and inspire others to do the same.
So, what's your #OneWord2014 for #OneWord365?
Remember the girl who invented it back in 2009, Alece Ronzino of Grit & Glory? She's still leading it. Go Alece! Go check out her #OneWord365 site & community here: http://oneword365.com
Okay, let's take 2014 by the horns! Now, go write...and LIVE!