Thursday, March 4, 2010

Sometimes you just gotta stop steppin'

Not always...but definitely sometimes.

The other day I was riding down the road and noticed on a sign in front of a church "The same God who plans your steps is the God who plans your stops."  WOW!  So true!

The last several days, though life has continued to keep moving and there are certain parts of that which do require me to keep moving, I have definitely been somewhat stopped as well.  (as you can see by the lack of blog posts)  Physically, sometimes the body just says...STOP!  And, well, sometimes you just can't argue with that!  For the past 2 or 3 days I have finally been physically back to 100% (pretty much...if that exists!).  But, I have still been slowly getting back to writing all of the various thoughts and inspirations that are running around in my head.

So, here I am.  Baby steps.  Nothing major for this post except a simple reminder to take the time to STOP...and do whatever you need to do when you stop...smell the roses...have a cup of coffee or hot tea...or warm milk...think...write...do nothing...whatever.  Most of all, rest.  Let Him handle your worries.  He's got that down pat. 

2 comments:

.....Dan said...

I agree. Great reminder. If you don't mind, I'm gonna add that church message to my "A Sign From God" series.

.....Dan

Haelie said...

Hey, Dan! Finally got my technical comment field problem fixed so I could respond from my main computer! Even though I'm quite belated, thanks for your feedback! Hope your weekend away is a great time! (I saw on your blog that you are heading out for the weekend.)