Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Pure Silence

Rest...Peace...Be Still...Be QUIET...
Pure Silence.

"I am not worthy; I cannot answer you anything,
so I will put my hand over my mouth."
(Job 40:4)

In case you were wondering why I haven't blogged in a while...
These are the things God has been undeniably telling me over the past few weeks.

Everywhere I turn, everything I read, everything I hear, every time I even think of writing...
Random, yet not at all without purpose.

The voice of God is everywhere around me...
He speaks to me in the beauty and simple complexity of His creation.

Do you hear Him?

He is all around you...yes...you, too!

Do you see Him?

"Be still, and know that I am God..." (Psalm 46:10)

Let go of the tiring fight...the struggle...whatever it may be...
"The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still."  (Exodus 14:14)

6 comments:

Charlotte said...

Hi Haelie. It's nice to meet you. I just checked the Spiritual Sundays blog and saw that you had linked there. I'm really glad you did. I love the remarks you made about the silence and God being all around. He certainly is all around and everywhere. We will have a new sign-up post Friday night or Saturday morning. I hope you will choose to join us again.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Mimi N said...

hmmm, not so good at the being still part. I know I need time with the Lord and have been so neglectful. It's a wonder to me that he continues to care, even in our disobedience. I know He will never leave or forsake us, but humanly it's hard to wrap my mind around sometimes!

~Mimi @ M.L. Community

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

I need to me still and listen to what God has to tell me. I'm so glad you shared this with us on Spiritual Sunday, I hope that you will share your thoughts with us next Sunday as well.
Blessings,
Ginger

LivingforGod said...

I am thankful for solitude and silence. Just me and God alone! It's a precious time when all is well with my soul. You might find it funny but I enjoy ironing my husband's clothes. I spend that ironing time to think and pray. God often brings to my mind the Scriptures I need and/or the people I should pray for.

I also love exploring and marveling at God's creation. I have a photo blog called "My Father's World" at http://wondersbeyondwords.blogspot.com/ (I haven't blogged there lately because I've been so busy :).)

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing, be blessed.

Haelie said...

Glad you all were inspired by this to just Be Still for a bit. Always great to hear from you all!