Monday, December 7, 2009

"What was I thinking!?!"

First, just to let you know, I finally got to fix my blog settings to where anyone should be able to post comments...whether you have a Google/Gmail account or not (use "anonymous").  Sorry it wasn't set right before, but I look forward to hearing from you all now! 
Now...I actually wrote this post a few days ago but have just gotten around to typing it up and posting it...

As you look back over your life, do you recall any "What was I thinking!?!" moments and/or stages of your life?

Yep...same here!  Tons of 'em!!!

Now, if you had the chance to go back and do some or all of those differently in light of what you know now...would you?  (Think hard before you respond to that!)

I would have honestly said yes to that question if you had asked me at many points prior to now...

However, I have come to a point in my life in which I can honestly say that, with all of those "What was I thinking!?!" moments included, I have NO REGRETS...and furthermore I would not go back and change a thing.

How can I say that, you ask?  Well, true, if I knew then what I know now I would have most likely done things differently in some or all of those moments.  BUT, now that I am where I am and I am who I am (not that I am anyone amazing or have everything all figured out, by any means!), I would not change a thing in how I got to this point.  Each and every moment - good and bad - has shaped me into who I am today.

Have there been times of intense hurt / pain / heartache / struggle / loss / tragedy / mistake?  Absolutely!
Would I want to re-live any of those times ever again?  Absolutely NOT!

BUT...

I, today, would not go back and rearrange any of the circumstances / situations / choices in those times or any - even if I could.

Reminds me of a very familiar (and loved by me) movie at this time of year...Oh, come on, you know...



"It's a Wonderful Life!"

Was George Bailey's "Wonderful Life" the one he went back and made all of the changes to...
or the one he already had all along - deep in debt, creeky old house, sick kids and all?

I think you know the answer to that!

What about your life?  What are YOU thinking!?!

No comments: